Thursday, March 6, 2008

Switching trains

I have mastered the art of trying to find the shortest/fastest way to get from point a to b.

On the weekends, I have found that the one train from 207 to 72nd then the 2 or 3 train (which runs express to times square suit me quite well.

On weekdays, it is the A express from 207 to 59th (because I get a seat) then transfer to the B or D to rockafeller center makes my 1 block walk to work quite easy.

This new fascination for finding alternate routes comes out of my frustration that I have been spending a good 7.5 to 13 hours a week riding the subway just to work. This does not include pleasure trips out to queens or going out to eat. It is no longer a simple A/B plan, but on average 2-3 trains are in play.

This all may seem a little crazy but saving 10 to 20 minutes both ways can save me anywhere from 2.5 to 5 hours a week if the trains are going slow.

If you ever come to visit, you will see what I mean.

No comments: