Friday, March 20, 2009





We are currently in Limon, Costa Rica. To the side is a picture of the port at 6:00 AM. I had to setup the Shore Excursion lecture in the main theater. It is a basic projector and one wireless mic show. Then, doing crew rounds to make sure the sound systems are on in all the bars. The view is beautiful with the fog over the mountains. Even during the day, the mist is so thick that you cannot tell the difference between the clouds and the mountains.




I am amazed at the amount of tourism that is brought to these ports by the ship. You can see the 13 tour buses and Topatch. I have been told that if I am not working on shore days, I can volunteer to help guide the passengers and do the tours for free, having small duties like counting passengers.



Due to a norovirus alert on the ship, crew is not allowed in passenger areas such as the buffet and on deck unless working. Everyone seems highly annoyed by this turn of events. It should last until atleast the 26th and hopefully clear when the next set of passengers arrive.

The ship will go back to Fort Lauderdale on the 24th. I will be sorry to see the person I am replacing, topatch, leave. He has been a great asset in my learning the rules and regulations of the ship. Today was Combusa, the once a cruise getting of alcohol that is duty free. Topatch walked me through the process as well after our theater maintenance time for the day.


I will be checking my voice mail in four days. Things are great and I am just starting to feel like I know what I am doing.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Don't get sick! And call me Tuesday if you can. :)